A good listing can increase your product ranking and increase your sales. Hence listing optimization is really important. So let’s check the principle of listing optimization and get the method to better optimize your product listing.
Amazon A9 Algorithm: Listing Optimization’S Principle
The A9 algorithm determines the ranking of products on Amazon. The A9 algorithm observes a series of data such as buyers’ past browsing habits, including the position of the mouse on the page. Amazon records all the data and selects the most relevant results for the user’s search from the Amazon product pool.
The three core pillars of Amazon’s A9 algorithm are conversion rate, relevance, buyer satisfaction rate, and retention rate.
- Conversion rate
Factors related to Amazon’s measurement of conversion rate include sales ranking, reviews, QA, image size, quality, and price.
Relevance determines that the A9 algorithm directs product pages to specific search keywords.
Listing optimization to improve relevance includes the title, bullet points, and product description.
- Buyer satisfaction rate and retention rate
The principle of Amazon’s A9 algorithm is to maximize buyer revenue, which is also the source of Amazon’s revenue.
Listing optimization to improve buyer retention rate includes feedback and order defect rate.
All in all, the principle of Listing optimization is to use the A9 algorithm to continuously optimize the relevance of Listing and search keywords, order conversion rate, buyer satisfaction rate, and retention rate so that more products can be displayed in front of buyers in a wider range. This is a staged process that requires continuous optimization by the seller.
Tips for Amazon Listing Optimization
1. Product title
The product title allows shoppers to quickly decide whether to leave to find other products or stay on the page to learn more about the product. Effective product titles can have a positive impact on product ranking in search results.
- The number of characters. The English input method does not exceed 200 characters.
- Use related keywords. You can use keyword tools to identify keywords that should be included in the title.
- Describe product details.
- Explain the benefits of the product. You can use this opportunity to let potential customers understand what they will get by purchasing the product.
- Put the most important information first. You need to make sure that the product title starts with the most important information. This means that the first word you use in the title should be related to the brand and product; add other descriptions later to help shoppers better understand the characteristics of the product.
- The measurement unit must be spelled out completely (such as Ounce, Inch, Gram, etc.).
Should not do
- Do not use sales terms such as Hot Sale, New Arrival, Promotion, Free Shipping.
- No cumbersome, no overlap, no spelling mistakes.
- Capitalize the first letter (except for prepositional articles such as for, with, and, of, or and other meaningless words), do not capitalize all of them, and use “5” instead of Five.
- With little or no punctuation, do not use special symbols, if necessary, you can use spaces instead.
- Generally, the title cannot be changed at will.
2. Product images
When customers shopping online, they can not touch products in person. In this way, sellers need to help customers imagine what the product will look like in their hands, and this is where product images come into play.
- Upload as many pictures as possible. Amazon allows 9 pictures to be uploaded, 7 of which will be displayed on the product listing. When customers click on the photo gallery on the product page, they will see the remaining 2 pictures.
- Show the actual use process of the product. life-like photos of the product will help potential customers imagine what it would be like to use the product in the real world, and also help to add a new perspective to the product.
- Show products from different angles. You can use images of different angles and sizes to help shoppers better understand the product. Doing so can help potential customers feel more comfortable and confident when making purchasing decisions.
- Use high-quality images. The competition on the Amazon platform is fierce. If your product belongs to the saturated category, then you need to hire a professional photographer to take high-quality, high-resolution product photos. High-quality photos can make potential customers trust your product more.
- Upload photos of product changes. If your product has different colors or changes, you can add photos to illustrate the product to customers. Don’t leave anything to the customer’s imagination.
3. Bullet point
Amazon’s bullet point is actually a short description, highlighting important product selling points, such as feature introduction, system support, color size, specific use, etc. For example, some products are suitable for holiday gifts.
Also, you can use more keywords in this section to help increase your product ranking.
- Keyword. At the beginning of each line, try to use short keywords to describe the core content.
- Outstanding advantages. The first line must be the most important advantage of the product, which is to solve the problem of consumers concern most.
4. Product description
The product description is to provide consumers with more specific details about the product and help people better understand the benefits of buying and using the product.
- The sentence should not be too long, keep it between 15-25 words.
- Focus on benefits and functions. Mainly discuss the function of the product and the benefits that customers will get, and then discuss the product itself, so that customers believe that your product is what they need.
- Easy to read. The sentence should not be too long, keep it between 15-25 words, and try to tell your customers about the product by telling stories.
- Use the right keyword. You can use target keywords in product descriptions, but don’t fill them blindly.
- Learn from your competitors and customers. Don’t provide the content just based on your own experience. You can monitor your competitors to know what they are doing on the product to find out the customers’ needs.
5. Search terms
Search terms are different from the concept of keywords. It is a function of supplementing keywords. Amazon allows no more than 250 bytes keywords for the standard Search Terms field.
Besides the preferred keyword, you can include less-important keywords in the Intended Use, Target Audience, and Subject Matter fields.
- Fill in a single word, phrase, and be careful not to make spelling errors.
- Can fully express the name of the product.
6. Product reviews
The core of conversion is the product review. However, getting product reviews isn’t easy, especially for new sellers and new products. Click here to get the method to gain more reviews for your products.
- Provide excellent customer service. As a seller, the best you can do is to promise excellent customer service at every stage of the buying process. This means communicating with customers about order-related issues, sending thank-you emails, and following up after the products arrive.
- Send follow-up emails. The easiest way to get more product reviews from customers is to take the time to ask them. This seems simple, but many sellers seem to ignore this strategy.
Listing Optimization is not overnight work. You need to focus on every point in the optimization process. Analyze your competitors and learn more from customers, you will get more methods to better optimize products and enhance the competitiveness of products.